Franklyn B. Glinn, Esq.
With 45 years of experience in the practice of law in the State of Florida, specializing in various areas of tort law, Franklyn B. Glinn has tried hundreds of personal injury cases and successfully settled hundreds more in both state trial courts and U.S. District courts. He has focused on negligence and medical malpractice cases since 1985, including complex subject matters such as failure to diagnose, birth injuries, hospital negligence, and brain injuries. Additionally, he has extensive experience in general personal injury cases, and more specifically construction accidents, traffic accidents and boating accidents involving catastrophic injuries.
Frank Glinn has successfully handled cases in 17 different Florida counties and 11 different states. He has won a number of multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements over the course of career, including an $8 Million settlement of a construction site case in Miami, a $5 Million medical malpractice verdict in Maryland, and the first medical malpractice verdict over $9 Million in New Jersey, as well as $2 million for a bus accident, $2 million for an airplane crash, $2 million for a defective scaffold, in Miami.
Over the years, Frank Glinn’s accomplishments have landed him numerous professional honors, including Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Rating; Top Attorneys in Florida/Florida Super Lawyers 2007; S. Florida Business Journal, 2007 Book of Law, Martindale Hubbell AV-PREEMINENT rating 2012, National Law Journal Top Rated Lawyers in Florida 2013.
- The Florida Bar (Admitted 1969); U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL; Juris Doctor, 1968
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL; Bachelor of Arts in Education, 1965
- South Broward High School, Hollywood, FL; Graduated 1961
Educational Activities and Honors
- University of Florida Hall of Fame, 1964-65
- Florida Blue Key, 1964
- Student Director of Orientation, 1963
- President, Florida Union Board for Student Activities, 1963
- Member, Phi Delta Phi- Legal Fraternity
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- American Judicature Society
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Dade County Trial Lawyers Association
- Civil Justice Foundation, Founding Sponsor
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, Guest Lecturer to physicians on medical malpractice
- University of Miami, Guest Lecturer to students on medical malpractice
- Judge of law school mock trial competitions, state, regional and national.
- Miami City Ballet, Florida Grand Opera, Member and Sponsor
- Miami Art Museum, Perez Art Museum, Member and Sponsor
- South Florida Historical Society, Member and Sponsor
- Museum of Science
- Miami Metro Zoo
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
- Supporter of Hurricanes football and basketball, Miami Marlins, and Miami Heat